[X4U] Apple dumping OSX....

wjsjlauffen at t-online.de wjsjlauffen at t-online.de
Sat Feb 18 21:59:01 PST 2006

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 10:19:04 -0800 (PST),
x4u-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:
>>  At the same time, how many Graphics Professionals work on
>>  PowerBooks vs. G5
snip>
> You might be surprised
snip

you sure would, most of the ones I know personally are still running
OS9 on G3s and G4 450s believe it or not. I even occasionally still see
a PPC 8100. And they are very reluctant to migrate to OSX; takes some
real coaxing and demonstration that their stuff (QE3.6 anyone?; 4.11 is
positively uptodate) works under Classic just as well if not better.
My own experience is that they are for the most part blackbox users.
When I have been asked for support, I've found hopelessly cluttered
disorganized machines showing no understanding at all of the workings
and the stereotype answer I get is, "that's how "they" set it up for
me; that's how everyone here has it." Even the simple request for the
LAN server IP address aften draws a blank: "all I want is for the
printer to work..."
Sounds like the PC world and it is no wonder why they have so easily
migrated to M$ so easily in the recent past over here in Germany. I is
not all QE's fault or Adobe's.
Of course what Dvorak wrote is BS, but I doubt the "Graphic
professionals" will even be aware of that let alone read it.