[X4U] Pioneer DVR-110DBK

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Sun Feb 19 10:00:15 PST 2006

On 2/19/06 11:41 AM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> Do I need to patch the system for this Pioneer writer with
> PatchBurn?

It depends on what OS you're running. What OS are you running? If you try to
install PatchBurn and it's not needed, it will tell you. Conversely, if you
try to use the drive without PatchBurn, and it works, then you do not need
PatchBurn, either.

> Any point I should take special care while dismantling the G5?

You'll need to take the face plate off of the tray of the new DVD drive so
that it doesn't hang on the opening in your G5. It looks hard at first,
might even feel hard, but if you turn the drive upside down, and push gently
with your thumbs forward against the bottom lip (which is now on top b/c the
drive is upside down), the bottom clips should pop off and allow you to
slide the face place off the top (now on the bottom b/c your drive is upside
down) of the tray.

At least, that's how it came off of my 109 a year ago.

peace,
Linda