[X4U] iMovie HD 6 and letterbox format

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Sun Feb 19 22:14:26 PST 2006

So I've had the last few versions of iLife, but only for Garage Band
and iPhoto for the most part.  I'm new to iMovie and iDVD.
I fooled around with iPhoto and made a slide show.. exported out as a
letterbox format into iDVD and made a dvd, that looks just great on
my wide screen HD tv.

I decided to fool around with iMovie and try making my slideshow
there instead of iPhoto.. hoping to get more control of how the slide
show looks etc..
But I can't seem to figure out if it's possible to create a letterbox
format video in iMovie ?

searching on the web, I see a few "letterbox plugins" available for
iMovie..   but  i don't understand why it wouldn't be possible to do
with the default iMoive "HD"   ??

kansast