[X4U] preferred airport network not available

Jim Freeman jpfreeman at mac.com
Mon Feb 20 08:00:17 PST 2006

Has anyone else seen this problem? My wife's dual usb ibook keeps
putting up a little notice saying something like: "your preferred
airport network not available, would you like to join xxxx?", where
"xxxx" is the name of the our network, the preferred one, the only
one she ever uses. This message comes up when ever the computer
starts or wakes from sleep, and then at regular intervals. I've gone
in and set the preferred network to "xxxx", I've repaired
permissions. This problem is probably a year old and has persisted
after various system software updates (currently 10.4.5). We have DSL
with two AirportExpress base stations. My PowerBook doesn't have this
problem on the same network.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Jim

Powerbook G4 12" 1.33 GHz