[X4U] OT- Quicken import Export question

..lj darwin at ljsworld.com
Tue Feb 21 08:02:19 PST 2006

On Feb 21, 2006, at 07:43, revDAVE wrote:

> I attempted to export my Quicken 2005 for MAC files as a whole QIF
> file...
> Then when I attempted to import it into Quicken 2005 (and also
> 2006) for PC
> -  many of the "2000" dates were wrong and experienced a "y2k" related
> problem -  since Mac Quicken seems to store only to digit dates.  Many
> entries showed up as:
>
> 1/1/2001 = 1/1/1901 etc.
>

> Question: does anyone know how to successfully export from Mac
> Quicken 2005
> into Quicken 2005 for PC -  and fix this y2k date problem?

You have to convert the both the Mac and PC to have the same default
Date format for the Mac and PC.  In the Mac it would be System
Preferences -> International -> Format-Dates (Remember to output 4
digit year) . I don't remember the equivalent control panel on the
PC. (Don't have one with me at the moment.)  I have to deal with
about this time every year. I Still use PC Quicken on an old machine
and Turbo Tax on the Mac.