[X4U] Browser for ftp?

Allan Rube ¹ allan at nhbungalow.com
Fri Feb 24 04:53:18 PST 2006

I am expanding my photography by offering to make fine art prints up to 16
by 20 from photographer's files. The idea is they prepare the file, send it
to me, I print it and mail it back to them.

I created a folder for users to upload. Now, I am dealing with many people
who use a computer just for email, web browsing, and digital imaging. I want
to keep it simple.

Window users can easily open their browser and use this form:

ftp://username:password@nhbungalow.com to get to the folder. Then they just
drag their file to the browser window and their upload to me begins.

It is not so easy on the Mac side. The above doesn't work. Now, what I could
do and write a big description of how to acquire an ftp client, but I do not
want to do that for Mac users who want to send me files but do not want to
learn to use an ftp client. I am sure they would simply take their business
elsewhere.

Is it possible to upload the files to me through a Mac browser? If so, how?

Allan

Nashua, New Hampshire
www.nebirds.com