[X4U] Browser for ftp?

Mark Phillips mark at mophilly.com
Fri Feb 24 06:55:45 PST 2006

If they are MacOS X 10.3 or higher, this might work: Use the ftp
client built into the OS.

Pull down the Go menu and select Connect to Server. In the server
address field, enter your URL and click the Connect button. The
Finder will attempt to log on and "mount" the ftp site. If it works,
the ftp directory will be displayed as a common Finder window.

When the window is opened, drag the file into the window area. The
upload should take place.

I haven't tried this before. In some versions of OS X you could
download but not upload.

Send me, off list, the proper URL and I will try it for you by
uploading the "Bat Signal" jpg.

BTW, for most FTP transfers I have come to rely on Transmit. There
are several good ftp clients and the built-in one is good too. I just
prefer the Transmit interface.

Mark Phillips
Mophilly & Associates
On the web at http://www.mophilly.com