Fwd: [X4U] Microphone setup

Lee Licata lazilicata at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 12:25:15 PST 2006

Alexandre really helped me out:

Per Apple Article ID 86671, it says:

The PowerBook G4 audio line in port takes signals from audio
equipment, including line-level devices such as amplified or self-
powered microphones, and is specifically designed for high-level
audio signal such as the signal from a powered microphone. If you use
a nonpowered microphone with the audio line in port, it will result
in a very low volume signal, or possibly no signal at all. Third-
party options, such as Griffin Technology's iMic, allow the use of
many mic-level sound input devices with your computer.
Article ID: 86771
Date Created: June 10, 2004
Date Modified: June 15, 2004

Lee