[X4U] Change order of Login items

B. Kuestner kuestner at macnews.de
Mon Feb 27 23:24:49 PST 2006

I don't think you can, contrary to the information in the Help file.

But from my understanding I also don't think it makes much of a
difference: OS X will try to start as many applications in parallel
as possible. I assume that within a second OS X fires of the open
commands for your login items which are then loaded virtually parallel.

So if you have one app that takes 15 seconds to open and another that
opens in one second, the latter should always be ready before the first.

If you prefer a specific order I think you have to work around by
writing a little shell or Applescript and then adding that script to
your login items. Not pretty, I know. But it works.

Björn