[X4U] Re: Copying a 5.3 gig DVD image?

David Checkman d3v9d9 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 28 08:30:11 PST 2006

If I can piggyback on Robert Nicholson's initial request for
information about how to handle files too large to fit on a single
DVD ...

(Please, I can do without someone's generic response: "Why would you
want to burn such a DVD when you could ... (complete the sentence
yourself)."

To make my own questions more concrete: does anyone know of software
(I have OSX 3.9) that does either/both of these jobs:
compresses/splits 9 GBs of files on my HD to DVD size chunks
preliminary to burning to DVDs?

And, does anyone know of software that will make such DVDs *bootable*
(wait! ... don't jump to CCC, etc. so fast) so that the DVDs I've
just burned (see the paragraph above) somehow get re-assembled into a
single file on my desktop that I will then be able to re-install
if/when disaster strikes?

Thanks.

Dave