[X4U] Web browser copying of formatted data/tables to spreadsheet cells?

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Tue Feb 28 20:12:42 PST 2006

I've run into a problem, and I'm not sure which of multiple factors
may be responsible.

I bought a new Core Duo iMac.  Around the same time, I know that my
credit card company  (Chase) changed their website access page.

I typically would log into the site, select all of my credit card
transactions in the table they provided, and pasted it into
AppleWorks without any fuss.  IF I used Internet Explorer.  Safari
would always paste all of the information in a single column, instead
of into the individual cells of the spreadsheet, which I wanted.   I
could always fire up Internet Explorer on my PPC iMac, and it would
allow me to copy the data while preserving the (TAB?) delimited
nature of the table.

Now, when I launch Explorer under Rosetta, I can't seem to click-drag-
to-select and then copy the data.  I've tried several other browsers
(opera under Rosetta, omniweb, firefox under rosetta) but all of them
screw with the formatting when i paste into the spreadsheet.

I seem to remember a discussion about something like this
before...any suggestions?

Thanks!
Michael