[X4U] 5G iPod question

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Sun Jan 1 09:52:37 PST 2006

On 1/1/06 11:34 AM, holly sisson wrote:

> I will soon be receiving a 5G 30GB Video iPod as a gift from a
> client. I'm trying to decide on the best case to purchase for it,
> when it arrives, and would appreciate any feedback the list can offer
> (also, is there a more appropriate list for this question?). My
> primary concern is protecting the iPod and to that end I'm leaning
> towards getting an Otterbox case. Does anyone have one? Feedback? I
> would like something that will clip securely to me, and protect the
> pod from the elements and accidently dropping it. I think the
> Otterbox fits that criterial, but I would appreciate feedback.

Hi, Holly --

Santa brought me a 30GB iPod video for a present this holiday season. I've
been searching in vain; most cases do not fit it, as it's thinner than the
60GB! Do not be tempted to buy a case for the 60GB model, thinking it will
be a good fit -- there will be some slop!

I finally went to the AppleStore website, and found a half-dozen good
contenders, but most are not shipping yet -- anywhere from 5 days to 3
weeks.

So, I'm looking hard for cases too... do you have a URL for the Otterbox?

No case is going to completely protect a hard disk from dropping it. It will
offer more protection than having no case, but if you drop it from 3 or 5
feet, there will still be shock to the disk, though maybe not so much.

peace,
Linda