[X4U] IPod and cold weather question

David Flory daflory at speakeasy.net
Sun Jan 1 12:55:05 PST 2006

On Jan 1, 2006, at 12:21 PM, Allan Rube¹ wrote:

> Is it the cold weather? Anything I can do? I have a second
> generation 10 gig
> model. Would a nano be better?

If it is the temperature (it could be too cold for the hard drive to
function correctly) then a nano (all solid state, no moving parts)
should work. In those temperatures I'd guess you are wearing
something warmer than a singlet, and I'd tuck the iPod inside, close
to my body. If it works there, then it was probably the temperature
causing the problem.
--
Speak softly, study Aikido, & you won't need to carry a big stick!
See my photos @ <http://homepage.mac.com/dflory>