[X4U] 5G iPod question

Samantha Cornell samantha at netresults.biz
Sun Jan 1 14:39:59 PST 2006

I don't have one, but I've heard that they are kind of a pain to use,
and that, at least in earlier models, the iPods were actually
scratched by the case.  I can see the potential benefits, if you are
doing some pretty intense activity with your iPod.

I used silicone cases and some other options for the first six months
or so that I had my iPod, eventually I get sick of them.  Honestly,
the bulkier cases make it harder to use the iPod.  The silicone cases
are near impossible to get in and out of pockets...they are "sticky".

I wound up getting plastic skin (http://www.podskinz.com) and a foof
(http://www.foofpod.com).  I am particularly fond of the foof, they
are handmade in Australia and work great!  I've wond up buying them
for both of our ipods, both iBooks, and a few as gifts as well.

For me, the podskinz/foof combo offered usability while providing an
acceptable level of protection.  Of course, if I drop it, I may still
be out of luck, as mentioned in my prior post regarding the cold
weather issue.  But, the iPod was in a silicone case at the time and
he still had issues that, luckily, were easily resolved.  I also no
longer use my iPod at the gym and the such - I use a shuffle instead
- but that is just me.  I do travel pretty heavily with it and so far
everything has been fine.

Best piece of mind...Applecare, which of course is still not complete
protection.

Just my 2¢, everyone has different levels of acceptable protection.

Hope that helps!

Samantha