[X4U] Changing User ID for 502 to 501

Rick Gordon rick at rickgordon.com
Mon Jan 2 14:58:47 PST 2006

Two friends of mine are swapping computers, and I'm helping them exchange files. One computer is running Tiger, the other Jaguar. I figure I can create new users on each of the computers, copy the content of their old Home folders, and then delete the old users. (Applications are another story, but not pertinent to this question.)

So if I followed my plan -- and I'm open to other suggestions -- each primary user will have the ID 502 instead of 501. Is there any value having the primary user as 501, and if so, what steps are required to fix it in all the appropriate places? Anything more than changing it in NetInfo Manager?