[X4U] Macs & photography mailing list?

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Mon Jan 2 19:54:20 PST 2006

[split into two - I think I'm about .9k over the list's limit]

> See you on the lists...

With regard to the other people who mention the DPreview forums - I
do read them, but I find them a little fragmented.

There are lots of posts in the Canon forum that are simply about
aperture or shutter speed - surely those are largely generic
questions, which are of interest to users of all brands? I'm sure
there are lots of interesting posts in the Nikon and other forums
that I just don't get to see because I don't have time to read 20
different message boards.

I also find checking for updated threads a little confusing - I see
read and green "new" flags next to some threads, but I don't know
what the differences are, and often they show next to threads which
don't appear to have any new messages! DPreview's are the only web-
forums I've read which don't send you an email when someone replies
to your posts, but generally I just prefer usenet or email - I can
see really easily there which messages are new and read them without
waiting for a webpage to update. DPreview has great content, tho',
which I haven't found anywhere else (tho' I haven't looked properly
yet at <http://www.fredmiranda.com>).

Stroller.