[X4U] USB Drive recommendations?

Matt Gregory vdub.grego at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 05:54:17 PST 2006

Although the iPod Shuffle will do just as good a job at storing files as a
USB key, in my opinion unless you are looking for an mp3 player with room to
hold a couple of files every now and then, I wouldn't go that route.  The
Shuffle is a little larger than most of the USB keys I've seen, definitely
larger than the Sandisk Cruzer (not micro) that I carry around in my
pocket.  The Cruzer has withstood some abuse being in the same pocket as my
cell phone and pocket knife for all of it's life.  You can't even read the
labelling anymore.  It's been through the washer a couple of times as well.
I would suspect you finding yourself filling a Shuffle full of songs and
then not being able to remove them to make room for that large file you need
to transport somewhere.  Shuffle's don't work like your average USB mp3
player, you need iTunes to manage which songs are on it.  You can't just
delete mp3's if you need some space and your'e using your friend's computer.

HTH,

matt.