[X4U] control click de-selects

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Wed Jan 4 09:50:10 PST 2006

On 1/4/06 10:20 AM, Andy Hannen wrote:

> In "column view" control or right clicking brings up the contextual menu. In
> "list view" the items are deselected and the contextual menu comes up for
> the item that the cursor is currently pointed at.
> Well that's what happens for me on 10.4.3

In OS X 10.3.9, selecting various items and then Control + single mouse
click brings up the contextual menu, de-selecting nothing, in icon view,
list view, and column view.

In OS X 10.4.3 (yes, I have my PowerBook back from AppleCare!), selecting
various items and then Control + single mouse click brings up the contextual
menu, de-selecting nothing, in icon view, list view, and column view.

After reading Andy's mail, I tested it again on both machines, to be
absolutely sure. In both OSes, in column view, the highlight "outlines"
instead of remaining solid when Control + Clicking, but the selection
remains.

What kind of mouse are you using? If third-party, have you installed
drivers? Do you get this unexpected behaviour if you create a new user and
log in as that user? What happens if you don't "right click" (my trackball's
right click is a double click, so "right click" doesn't necessarily mean the
same thing to everyone!) but instead use the Control key and the single,
normal mouse click?

-Linda