[X4U] web archive

eleventhvolume colin at eleventhvolume.com
Wed Jan 4 15:00:39 PST 2006

> In Explorer when  a web page is saves as a 'Web Archive' the address
> of that page remains in the address field which, for my purpose, is
> useful.  This does not appear possible in either Safari or Firefox -
> or am I missing something?
Safari can save archives I believe but doesn't provide any useful way to
manage the files it creates. Firefox is the same by default. However if you
choose Tools > Extensions and search for Scrapbook you'll find a very
capable extension to IE's archive functionality. Scrapbook even allows you
to annotate and highlight parts of saved pages. Whilst you're at it, I
couldn't live without SessionSaver which restores any open pages after
quitting and restarting Firefox. And the del.icio.us extension's pretty
useful. HTH.

All the best, Colin.