[X4U] Hard drive or hard drive controller gone (mirrored doors G4)

John Kiss john.kiss at comcast.net
Mon Jan 9 10:51:56 PST 2006

On Jan 9, 2006, at 8:26 AM, Jim Robertson wrote:

> Thanks for your quick response. I've heard of the DeskStar's alternate
> appellation (Deathstar). This is the first one of perhaps half a
> dozen I've
> used that's failed, if indeed that's the problem.

I've got a dual 1.25 MDD and my hard drive (also an IBM Deskstar)
died a few months ago. Almost the same symptom as you have. Many of
the apps seemed to hang giving me the impression that  it was a
software problem. My second internal also was not mounting every time
I rebooted. Once the clicking started I knew otherwise and started to
back up my data. I replaced the defective IBM drive and now my second
internal is behaving properly.