[X4U] audio line-in & microphone

Peter Saint James peterstj at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 10 07:30:56 PST 2006

On 30 Dec 2005, at 12:03 PM, Jon Warms wrote:

> One issue is that many powerbooks and iMacs have built-in
> mics. To use Skype with these computers, one only needs an
> ordinary headset (earphones only). I've used a Virgin Airlines
> earmuff successfully.

	I have not been successful using the build-in mic on my powerbook.
Noise from the computer causes too much interference.

	Seems odd to me that Apple would skimp on this.  Macs are supposed
to be the do-it-all machine, but can't even record sound without a
pre-amp.  This needs more thinking on Apple's part.

							Peter