[X4U] Server connection issue

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at SonyDADC.com
Tue Jan 10 21:43:50 PST 2006

Hiya,

I have one operator (of 15) who is having troubles connecting to one of
our Pre-Press volumes. I believe someone chose to save passwords on this
Mac (from in the Connect to Server window). I have cleared out all visible
Keychain settings but whenever I try to connect to this device I keep
getting the following error:

"Connecting to AFP://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.
Could not connect to server because the name or password is not correct."
with buttons (Try again) (Cancel)

It brings up this error immediately without giving me the login/password
window - hence my suspicion someone tried to save the connection via the
Keychain.

Is there a preference I can remove to get the login dialog appearing again
for this device? Connecting to other network devices is fine.

Ta muchly,

Coj