[X4U] Neo Office/Neo Office J pokey?

Mark Phillips mark at mophilly.com
Tue Jan 10 23:50:12 PST 2006

On Jan 10, 2006, at 6:58 PM, net kat wrote:

> anyone having pokeyness in either of these versions?
>
> wife was working on a spreadsheet, and not a large one, and simple
> things like copy and paste were taking a few seconds to happen..in
> Neo Office J
>
> Neo Office (no J) was ridiculous taking 10 seconds for a menu to
> drop down.
>
> nk

  I have a pretty fast machine for the G5 series, and have the most
recent JVM updates. Using either version of NeoOffice hasn't posed
any problems at all, all reasonably quick.

I suspect that Java based app's are particular about the machine
speed and JVM installed. Perhaps there is some thrashing on your
installation. Since it is a beta release, I recommend advising
project developers of the issue with your specific machine and
installation details.

hth,

  - Mark