[X4U] Quick Time

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Wed Jan 11 21:54:16 PST 2006

At 9:51 AM -0600 1/11/06, Carol Weber Mckee wrote:
>I have downloaded the update for Quick Time, but it wants my user
>name.  I have entered the one I use for  everything on Software
>Update, but it won't accept it,  It says it needs the name I used
>when I installed Quicktime.  How do I find this?  Thanks.

If you don't own a registration number for QuickTime 7, then just
click "Continue" or whatever the button is. you will be able to
install the non-pro version of QT 7. To get the Pro version you will
need to pay (again!) for QuickTime Pro. But the installer will
continue if you let it. It's tricky. Lots of people get the idea they
can't install QuickTime because it asks for a registration. But you
can install it. Just keep going past that dialog.

Daly