[X4U] Guesses on G4 lifespan?

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Thu Jan 12 05:28:23 PST 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 03:29:02PM CST, Linda <XPressoBean at mac.com> wrote:
:
: On 1/11/06 2:29 PM, Richard Gilmore wrote:
:
: > I always thought retailers chopped the prices (even Apple) when new hardware
: > was introduced?
:
: However... I don't expect to see deep discounts on PowerBooks and iMacs just
: yet. Why? 1) People who don't want Intel will snatch these last
: PowerPC-based machines, and the demand could be high enough so that
: discounts are not necessary. 2) The new Macbooks aren't shipping for a month
: or two; there's a couple months worth of sales to be had in the meantime! 3)
: When hardware announcements are made a month or two ahead of shipping,
: there's plenty of time to "run out the inventory" and in those cases,
: there's very few of the old machines left to discount.

I'm waiting for a 17" MacBook Pro.

Is it just me, or does anyone else really like that name???

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/