[X4U] dot mac family pack question

Steve Martin steve at planomartins.com
Fri Jan 13 17:11:09 PST 2006

OK, according to that...

1) You can sync your own calendar between multiple Macs.
2) You can publish a calendar and have other .Mac/iCal users
subscribe to it (did they ever make a way to password protect that,
the page doesn't say).

But, there appears to be no way to sync a calendar between two
different .Mac users.  Syncing is better than "cross subscribing"
since both users can edit the same calendar entries.  If for example
my wife subscribed to my calendar, and I put the kids basketball
games on it but she got notification that a game time had changed,
she would not be able to edit it since it would be on a subscribed
(read only) calendar.  With us both using the same .Mac account and
syncing one calandar, either one of us can make changes and they get
sync'ed automatically.