[X4U] New Software for PPC

John Kiss john.kiss at comcast.net
Sat Jan 14 08:02:49 PST 2006

On Jan 14, 2006, at 10:43 AM, Jim Robertson wrote:

> Look at something as basic as Quicken. Apple went so far as to put
> Intuit's
> CEO on its Board of Directors, in exchange for which it gets a VERY
> poor
> cousin of the Windows program "updated' annually (read the user
> reviews of
> Quicken for the Mac on Amazon), and an openly Mac-hostile Intuit
> licensing
> policy for Banks that ENCOURAGES them not to support Mac online
> banking
> within Quicken.

I fully agree with you. I called my bank about why is it that the
downloaded file works for PCs and even other Mac programs (i.e.
Moneydance) but not for Quicken. They gave me a vague answer about
not enough Mac users complaining. It seems that Intuit wants to
extort money from banks to allow Mac users the same access as PC
users. I abhor this policy and in turn will only update Quicken when
necessary or dump it in favor of something better. I'm still looking.