Terminal App's (was Re: [X4U] Re: FTPclient)

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sat Jan 14 10:59:22 PST 2006

At 2:00 PM +0000 1/14/06, Kelly Harding wrote:
>I use iTerm for CLI stuff. It is a nice little program I find. Far
>better than Terminal.app.

I had to go figure out what I don't like about iTerm, I remembered
trying it (actually I've tried several versions).  It works fairly
well, but can't handle double-width fonts, and is painfully slow.
OTOH, the keyboard emulation seems to be excellent based on a quick
test a couple minutes ago.

If I didn't have a modified .xmodmap file that remaps the keyboard
the way I need, I'd be really tempted to use iTerm.  The deciding
factor is that xterms are *way* faster.

		Zane