[X4U] New Software for PPC

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Sat Jan 14 16:56:36 PST 2006

On 1/14/06 12:51 PM, "Eugene" <list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net> wrote:

> Light Room is really more about Adobe maintaining a solid base for their
> professional photography customer niche, instead of losing that niche to a
> non-Adobe product, i.e. Aperture.
>
> Also, I don't believe Adobe is trying to kill FrameMaker by not porting it to
> OS X.  They want to kill FrameMaker by forcing users to "upgrade" to InDesign,
> which is available on both OS X and Windoze.

The problem with that interpretation of the marketplace is that Adobe is
actually continuing DEVELOPMENT of FrameMaker - just not for the Mac OS.
FrameMaker for the Mac OS will die completely soon, since there's been no
update even to a "carbon" OS X version, whereas the latest version for
Windows is a fresh update in the past few months.

Jim Robertson