[X4U] Re: X4U Digest, Vol 17, Issue 54

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Mon Jan 16 09:20:04 PST 2006

Said Nuseibeh wrote:

>  >>>>>>I have had too much flag-waving patriotism. I want to change the icons
>  >>>>>>for the input menu flags. Anyone know where they are in the system?

John  Baltutis answered:

>The Roman.rsrc file stores everything in its data fork (no resource fork).
>Follow the steps in the macosxhints article and convert it to a file
>that moves
>everything from the data to the resource fork. Then, open it in ResEdit. As I
>noted, the files you want are kcns objects, not icns.

Okay, I did the trick of moving everything to the resource fork.  I
can see the kcns resources, but as you say, they don't show as icons.
So this still leaves the original poster unable to change the icon of
the Spanish flag although I guess we are still assuming that the
flags are hidden somewhere in the Roma.rsrc file.

Daly