[X4U] Intel Duo 32-64 bit?

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Mon Jan 16 10:07:50 PST 2006

I'm interested in this and read quite a bit about the 64 bit architecture
but I'm still pretty unclear about Intel's switch to 64 and what chips
they'll use and which ones will go into Apple. I guess maybe no one knows?
But maybe someone does? Is there an website or what's the collective
knowledge of the list? The Itanium is a totally different architecture from
what I gather and will need apps to be recompiled before they're able to
run?