[X4U] Input Menu Flags

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Mon Jan 16 13:54:21 PST 2006

I wrote:
>  > Okay, I did the trick of moving everything to the resource fork.  I
>>  can see the kcns resources, but as you say, they don't show as icons.
>>  So this still leaves the original poster unable to change the icon of
>>  the Spanish flag although I guess we are still assuming that the
>>  flags are hidden somewhere in the Roma.rsrc file.

John Baltutis replied:

>Sorry for not changing the subject in my last post. I suspect that the id
>number for each keyboard layout maps to the id for each kcns, which
>is the flag
>icon. If so, then the OP could change the kcns for his particular setting, but
>I'm not about to experiment. I'm all for the flag-waving.

I'm afraid I'm getting to be a pain with this, but I do see the list
of kcns resources when I view Roman.rsrc in Resourcerer. But there is
no graphical representation of any icon. Do you have an idea how he
would access the icon itself for editing? How would he know how to
"change the kcns for his particular setting"? I don't mean to bug
you. If you don't know, that's fine. But I get this idea you might
know but assume that the rest of us would know as well, and I
certainly don't.

Daly