[X4U] Refresh network connectivity

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Thu Jan 19 10:49:13 PST 2006

Charles,

I had a problem with my cable modem as well. Connection kept dropping
off. I was able to reconnect without powering off and on any of my
equipment by going into System Preferences > Network > Show: Built-in
Ethernet > TCP/IP and clicking on "Renew DHCP Lease". I noticed that
when I checked my TCP/IP settings after a "Blackout" the IP settings
were wrong. Clicking on "Renew DHCP Lease" would reset them and allow
me internet access again. In the end I contacted my cable company to
complain about the frequency of the problem and they sent a service
tech. It turned out that after two years the cable modem had gone bad.
They replaced it and I haven't experienced any "Blackouts" since.

Let me know if this helps.

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com