[X4U] MacOS Server upgrade and a missing hard drive

Mark Phillips mark at mophilly.com
Sun Jan 22 09:24:15 PST 2006

I upgraded a G5 to Server 10.4.x using a clean install of the base
10.4 then the combo updater. After the installation, which went
smoothly and appears to work fine, the hard drive in the internal B
slot does not appear in the Finder.

Disk Utility can see the device. When I run df from the terminal, I
can see a mount point for the drive.

The drive was working fine with the previous OS installation, which
was 10.3.9 client. I have a fair amount of data on the drive I would
like accessible by the server.

What could have happened?

TIA,

Mark Phillips