[X4U] Entourage: Export msg body to text file

Bill White billwhite at mac.com
Tue Jan 24 07:57:04 PST 2006

On 1/20/06 2:22 PM, Charles Howse <chowse at charter.net> wrote:

> Can anyone give me a place to start looking for a way to take the body of an
> Entourage message, and programmatically *append* it to a text file? I would
> also like to insert a blank line at the beginning of the text to be appended.
>
> I'm thinking AppleScript

Yes, AppleScript indeed! It's a simple enough script, Charles, and I'll be
happy to throw it together for you. A couple questions: do you already have
a preexisting file, or should the script create one? And do you want to
append just the message you're viewing or a group of messages you've
selected?

--Bill