[X4U] Next step after safe boot fixes the problem?

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Tue Jan 24 09:05:57 PST 2006

On 1/24/06 10:52 AM, Anne-Marie Concepcion wrote:

> Do you think that'd solve the problem? I thought Safe Boot just
> disables things, doesn't repair them or remove them.

In 10.4, Safe Boot does "repair" -- well, it forces a directory check of the
boot volume, moves to the Trash some font caches, and disables Login Items.
Sometimes that's enough to straighten things up for folks.

If you think the problem is with the Login Items rather than font caches,
you can disable your Login Items while in Safe Mode and then add them back
one at a time while booted normally.

-LW