[X4U] DRAM failure (was Hard drive or hard drive controller gone)

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Tue Jan 24 21:03:33 PST 2006

On 1/20/06 7:16 AM, "System Admin" <sysadmin at insigniam.com> wrote:

> One other item you might want to try is getting some high quality contact
> cleaner for your RAM connections. I've heard through others that this solved
> problems that were otherwise unsolvable.

Who would sell "high quality contact cleaner?" I'd love to believe that
could help me, but I think there are 184 pins per DRAM module, and 512
Mbytes of RAM. One would think a bad connection wouldn't consistent affect
just one of those 512 Mbytes of off/on switches.

But, I'm happy the box itself seems to be OK. It's been up now for six days
with no crashes or freezes.

Jim Robertson