[X4U] Bluetooth adapters and headsets

Milton van der Veen miltonlist at hurontel.on.ca
Tue Jan 24 21:35:25 PST 2006

I used a D-Link but it wouldn't recognize the headset until I had
updated the firmware with Bluetooth Firmware Updater 1.2.
<http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/bluetoothfirmwareupdater12.html>
Notes: "The Bluetooth Firmware Updater is for D-Link USB Adapters
(revision B2 or later), and Apple internal Bluetooth modules on
PowerBooks, PowerMacs, iMacs, iBooks, and eMacs. This firmware update
will improve connectivity between the computer and the Apple Wireless
Keyboard and Mouse. Use this updater for the modules specified above;
this updater is unsupported with any other Bluetooth modules.
Important: Applying this firmware updater to a D-Link USB to
Bluetooth adapter will make it incompatible with non-Macintosh systems."

Also, you might want to check to make sure your Bluetooth is updated
to 1.5.

Hope that helps,

Milton