[X4U] Cloning HD

Mark markg5 at myrealbox.com
Wed Jan 25 10:12:49 PST 2006

On 25/1/06 16:57, "Linda" <XPressoBean at mac.com> wrote:

> On 1/25/06 10:41 AM, Richard Bullen wrote:
>
>> I cloned my hard drive data to a new internal disk using ChronoSync with
>> the intention of using the preferences Start Up Disk to change the start
>> up to the new hard disk.

Sorry, but did you read this ...

--------------------------
(From
<http://www.econtechnologies.com/site/Pages/ChronoSync/chrono_faq.html#14>

Can I create a bootable backup with ChronoSync?

The short answer is, yes. However, it is not designed as a utility for
cloning an entire hard drive.

To have ChronoSync make a bootable backup you need to do the following:

1. Run ChronoSync with full administrative privileges.
2. Synchronize to a hard drive that has it's "Ignore ownership on this
volume" setting turned OFF.
3. Execute a post-synchronization AppleScript that "blesses" the system
folder on your external hard drive.

____We discourage using ChronoSync in this capacity, however.____

+++++

OK, I edited it, but it does give some info that might be useful