[X4U] (2x) LCD monitors

Simon Forster simon-lists at ldml.com
Thu Jan 26 08:34:44 PST 2006

Hmm. Eventually got around to buying one of those new fangled LCD
monitor thingies. Ended up with a Samsung SyncMaster 930BF (19").
After some serious colour calibration, I've got something that's
quite usable - although after my 1400 x 1050 21" CRT, the type seems
BIG at the Samsung's native res of 1280 x 1024 - I'll just have to
sit the monitor at the other end of the desk (and don't say I should
have got a cheaper 17" monitor 'cause what's done is done :-o )

At the moment I've got the LCD connected to the ACD port of my G5's
video card (via an adapter) with the CRT still hanging off the DVI
port of the same card (again, via an adapter). All seems to be
working quite well. If I get on with the new LCD monitor, I'll buy
another and sit them side by side thus freeing up about half an acre
of desk space consumed by the 21" CRT behemoth.

Just chucking this out there to see what comments / feedback comes my
way.

ATB

Simon Forster