[X4U] Burn to multiple DVDs

Vard Nelson vnelson at detectgeo.com
Thu Jan 26 15:59:22 PST 2006

> On 01/26/06, Mark Des Cotes <mark at astroprinting.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have a folder containing 18Gb of info comprised of thousands of
>> files. I'd like to archive it to DVDs. Is there a way (software) that
>> will allow me to select the folder and have it automatically divide
>> between multiple DVDs. I don't want to have to calculate file sizes and
>> divide everything manually.

Yes.  "Retrospect" is the software.  It will archive to any media and do the
splitting across media boundaries.  I think it also does an (optional)
compression.  It creates a "Directory" of the backup so you can go to the
directory, select the file(s) you want to retrieve, and it will prompt you
to load the appropriate media.  Good software.

Vard Nelson
Detect Geophysical