[X4U] One Safari advantage over Firefox..

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Sat Jan 28 08:10:18 PST 2006

At 2:28 AM -0800 1/28/06, Aaron wrote:
>Safari is the only browser I've tried under OS X that lets me copy
>or drag formatted text from a browser window without losing the
>formatting.
>
>I've got four browsers running right now, and neither iCab 3.0.2 nor
>Firefox 1.5 nor Explorer 5.2.3 can preserve formatting in copied or
>dragged text. Anybody have any other suggestions?

If you just need to print it or save it, you could print it to PDF to
retain its appeaerance. If you need it to remain editable text, then
why not just use Safari for those sites?

>P.S. Any suggestions as to how I can keep a single
>favorites/bookmarks list for all my browsers?

I use URL Manager Pro ($25 shareware):
<http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/10165>

and am very happy with it.

I have seen other people recommend "BookIt" ($12 shareware) for the
same purpose but I haven't tried it:

Daly