[X4U] Re: One Safari advantage over Firefox

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sat Jan 28 14:43:38 PST 2006

On 28 Jan 2006, at 21:34, George Harvey wrote:

> OmniWeb.... has a few minor problems

Like it crashes all the time.

In anticipation of all the replies saying "It's perfectly stable for
me" then all I can think is that you don't have several windows open,
each containing several tabs, at any one time. I consider having many
pages open at once to be normal browsing behaviour, and will cause no
other browser (except Netscape 4 under Irix, last time I checked) to
misbehave. I consider myself really fortunate if I get two or three
days without a crash in Omniweb.... and then really unfortunate
because I loose the clutter of windows that I've been meaning to
refer back to since the day before yesterday.

The reason I'm addicted to Omniweb is the thumbnail view of webpages
in the tabs. It's the killer feature that keeps me using this
browser, even though it's such a colossal pain.

Stroller.