[X4U] Re: Firefox vs Safari

revDAVE coolcat at hosting4days.com
Mon Jan 30 10:27:11 PST 2006

 I noticed a few important differences between the two that possibly have
not been mentioned yet:

1 -  when you save a page in safari -  the page named is equal to the title
header - and automatically compensates for some PC friendly character
changes - "/" becomes "-" etc... -  this is a major plus. Almost every other
browser I know of including fire Fox does not do this - and rather uses the
URL name as the page name title.

2 -  When you highlight/copy/paste text from a HTML table -  safari does NOT
retain the table information - yet Internet explorer and also fire Fox and
others turn table related data into a very friendly tab - delimited format
for pasting into Excel spreadsheets etc.

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hosting4days.com
[db-lists]