[X4U] Image degradation and KVM switches

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Mon Jan 30 23:08:06 PST 2006

On 31 Jan 2006, at 02:13, William Gaffga wrote:

> One solution I have found is to use a software KVM.

This is a software "KM" rather than a "KVM".

> http://synergy2.sourceforge.net
> http://quicksynergy.sourceforge.net
>
> I am using QuickSynergy to switch between my Mac and PC at work.
> Flawless except for a few things that I can work around. Check it out.

Oooh, nice. I've been using Jul's Teleport for some time - it's more
Macintoshy but it doesn't get updated very often. Fortunately the
current version is fairly reliable now and I only ever have to delete
the preferences file & `killall teleportd` when I'm in the middle of
composing a message to a mailing list about how reliable it is, but
it's very good to hear there's an Open alternative.

http://abyssoft.com/software/teleport/

Stroller.