[X4U] Including linux machines on an Airport Extreme Network

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Sat Jul 1 02:26:00 PDT 2006

I have succeeded in connecting my linux laptop to my airport network!!! In fact, I am writing and sending this email from the linux laptop.

If anybody else ever wants to do this, I highly recomend

http://madwifi.org/wiki/UserDocs/FirstTimeHowTo
Btw, it isn't necessary to enter your encryption key in hex; you can use the s: prefix and enter it in ASCII. I did this with WEP but there are instructions for WPA.  Now I will not hesitate to also buy a wireless card for my linux desktop computer, after careful choice of card. Thanks for the help.

--
Cheryl
"Where your treasure is,