[X4U] iTunes TV outside of USA?

William Scammell bill at wscd.biz
Mon Jul 3 07:09:25 PDT 2006

On Jul 3, 2006, at 8:15 AM, Richard Gilmore wrote:

> It's because we're in Canada. The Americans always get more stuff
> first.
> When has it not been this way? Just drive over there. I'm in London,
> Ontario. Most Americans barely know we exist, some vague land to
> the north.
> Probably the same with the rest of the world too.
>
> Richard

1) Apple is a for-profit company incorporated in the US. Which means
it's probably easier and cheaper for them to deal with legal issues
with RIAA, FTC, etc. as a US company.

2) Creating software released first in the US saves money as it
doesn't have to be localized for either spelling differences (harbour
vs. harbor, etc.) or foreign languages.

3) The US *probably* has the single largest install base of iTunes,
etc. which means for the least money, Apple has a test bed for new
product releases.

4) MicroSloth *probably* does the same thing, as do a host of other
US companies. And overseas, those companies are going to release for
their country/native language before they think of exporting.

It's not snobbery, it's to keep the petty bourgeois share holders
happy. :)

William Scammell
Creative Director

bill @ wscd.biz