[X4U] Power Protection: UPS for a Dual G5

Neil Lists at mac.com
Fri Jul 7 10:52:00 PDT 2006

OK, everymac.com didn't have the power supply specs for my Mac, so I
downloaded a PowerMac user guide from the internet.  It says 7.5amps or
9.5amps.   I think the 9.5 is for the original G5/2x2.  Mine is the 2004
revision.  I think it uses the more efficient G5  CPU, so I'm guessing the
power supply is only 7.5amps.  That still sounds like a lot though.  At
120volts, that would still be 900watts.  So, I can put my display and
external drives on my Belkin 720VA, and get a bigger UPS for my PowerMac.
Here are a couple I'm looking at.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

APC
<http://www.buy.com/prod/APC_BR_1500_Power_Supply_BACK_UPS_RS_1500VA_BR1500/
q/loc/227/10346095.html>

Tripp Lite
<http://www.buy.com/prod/Tripp_Lite_SmartPro_1500_VA_Rackmount_Tower_Digital
_UPS_1500VA_900W_3/q/loc/227/202149107.html>