[X4U] Power Protection: UPS for a Dual G5

Neil Lists at mac.com
Fri Jul 7 19:38:26 PDT 2006

on 7/7/06 4:49 PM, Nick Scalise wrote:

> I've got a June 2004 Dual 2Ghz G5 and a 20" Dell LCD on an APC LS700
> <http://apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BP700UC>. It
> works fine for me.

That's great news.  That model is only rated for 410watts.  I have the same
Mac and display.  It looks like the 900watt Tripp Lite is overkill.  This
Belkin is only $165 shipped and is rated for 830watts.
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10391960&adid=17662

> The big thing, since you said your power is not so great, is to be sure you
> get Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) this conditions the power supplied to
> your components.

That feature seems pretty common.