[X4U] Mac OS X Routine Maintenance

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun Jul 9 01:39:02 PDT 2006

Jan Melichar said:

>Not sure if this has much to do with maintenance but have you any
>idea why some files 'loose' their 'creation date' and all files lose
>it when spending any time on iDisk - local or remote and, does it
>matter other then being very unhelpful when, for example,  performing
>some searches.

I don't subscribe to .Mac, so I can't tell you about iDisk.

I do know that when files are transferred via the Internet, and they
aren't compressed for the journey, it isn't uncommon for them to lose
their metadata.

Also, many common backup programs fail to backup files' metadata.

Randy B. Singer

ROUTINE OS X MAINTENANCE
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html